More and more people from villages are migrating to the cities. This could have disastrous consequences in future.Courses of Action:
- Government officers should have compulsory rural postings.
- The frequency of trains from rural to urban areas should be reduced.
- Government should make efforts to increase employment opportunities in rural areas.
A committee has recommended that English should be taught in both the rural and urban government schools.Courses of Action:
- Government should issue instructions to all government schools for teaching English.
- Government should ensure that at least one well-qualified English teacher should be made available to all government schools.
There is a strike by the transporters. This has led to a sharp increase in the prices of essential commodities.Courses of Action:
- The government should hire vehicles for transporting essential commodities.
- The government should invite the transporters to the negotiation table for talks.
Farmers have started growing export quality rice, and stopped growing rice for local consumption because they earn more by exporting their yield.Courses of Action:
- Export of rice should be stopped.
- Government should give adequate remuneration and incentives to farmers for growing the rice for local needs. This will create a level playing field and solve the problem.
Only I follows.
Only II follows.
Either I or II follows.
Both I and II follow.
The government can decide on one of these courses of action. Sometimes the exports are also stopped or made dearer. Sometimes the MSP is also raised, but not raised too much as that would lead to inflation. There are not cut and dried formulas for deciding what to do. But governments in India have resorted to one of these courses of action.
Floods have completely washed out a village yesterday. The fury of nature doesn't seem to be subsiding any time soon. Food and clothing are the two immediate problems for the survivors in a relief camp. What should be done?Courses of Action:
- Relief teams and NGOs should be called to help the needy.
- The people in the neighboring villages should be taken to safer places.
This Blog Post/Article "Course of Action Quiz Set 02" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2020-02-07. Published on: 2016-02-10