Cholera has broken out in the city. Hundreds of children are dying daily. Things are going from bad to worse. What should be done?Courses of Action:
- A committee should be set up to find out what has caused this outbreak.
- People should be made aware about the precautions that they should take the next time so that Cholera doesn't break.
- The paramilitary forces should be called in to help the civil administration.
Huge amount of time and money is required to develop tourist places in a county like India which has long coastal lines, forests, temples, etc.Courses of Action:
- Hotels should be started along coastal lines only.
- India should take steps to exploit its tourism potential.
A lot many cases of train robberies have been reported this year.Courses of Action:
- More armed police should be deployed on the running trains.
- Passengers should be taught self-defense.
Heavy and continuous rainfall has led to the problem of over flooding and overflowing because the river bed is full of silt and mud.Courses of Action:
- The affected population should be shifted to a safer place.
- Suitable warnings should be issued to the people living near the river.
- When the rain is over and the water level recedes, de-silting of the river should be started.
As per one study development plans in India look very attractive on paper. They arouse a lot of interest and imagination. But when it comes to implementation, they lead to a lot of disappointment.Courses of Action:
- Government should stop planning about development. It should straightway issue funds to the contractors and leave everything up to them. This will at least ensure that something happens on the ground.
- Plans should be prepared in a computer software, instead of paper.
This Blog Post/Article "Course of Action Quiz Set 05" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2019-08-18.