The roads in the city have once again become un-motorable after the rainy season. What should be done?Courses of Action:
- The roads should be repaired once again, just like the last time.
- The government should constitute a fact finding committee to find out why does this happen each year.
- The officers should be suspended and the contractors should be black-listed.
Every year thousands of engineering graduates do not get placements and jobs.Courses of Action:
- We should open more engineering colleges in both urban and rural areas.
- We should close all engineering colleges.
- Engineering colleges should be asked to take a screening test and admit only those students who have basic aptitude in engineering.
Engineering graduates have grown in large numbers. But the country is still facing a shortage of good engineers. The starting salaries have come down. Either the young graduates do not get any jobs, or they get jobs which offer a low starting salary. If it is not a problem of plenty, then what should be done?Courses of Action:
- Engineering seats should be reduced.
- The starting salaries should be doubled.
Only I follows.
Only II follows.
I or II follows.
Neither I nor II follows.
The problem can't be solved by reducing the seats, or doubling the salaries. The root of the problem is badly oriented engineering syllabi. Starting salaries are lower because the employers have had bad experiences with earlier recruits and want some time to see the suitability of candidates.
A recruitment drive for police constables was taking place. A stampede occurred and one of the applicants lost his life.Courses of Action:
- The officials in charge of the recruitment process should immediately be suspended.
- A team of officials should be asked to find out the circumstances which led to the death of the aspirant and submit its report within a week.
- The government should ask the home department to follow a staggered scheduling for such drives so that too much rush is not witnessed.
Many political activists have decided to stage demonstrations and block traffic movement in the city during peak hours to protest against the steep rise in prices of essential commodities.Courses of Action:
- The government should immediately ban all forms of agitations in the country.
- The police authority of the city should deploy additional forces all over the city to help traffic movement in the city.
- The state administration should carry out preventive arrests of the known criminals staying in the city.
Only I and II.
It is not possible to ban agitations in a democratic country. So course I is ruled out. This agitation has nothing to do with criminals. Arresting them will not solve the traffic problems. So course III is also ruled out.
This Blog Post/Article "Course of Action Quiz Set 10" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2019-08-18.