Statement: Other candidates ask a bank exam topper from where did he get his coaching.
- Other candidates want to achieve the first position in the bank exam.
- Other candidates take it as a convincing proof that the coaching institute is good.
Statement: 20 boys went to a picnic and only 10 were present in the class the next day.
- The remaining drowned during boating.
- The school had made the attendance optional on the next day.
Statement: The police found a driving license near the scene of the crime.
- It was a murder.
- The driving license belongs to the criminal.
Statement: Many people were caught by the railway police while they were trying to cross the railway tracks and imposed heavy penalty before releasing them.
- People may refrain from crossing railway tracks in future.
- People may continue crossing railway tracks and pay hefty penalty.
Statement: The school was closed two weeks before the commencement of board exams.
- Attendance of students was poor.
- School wants to give students some time to prepare for exams so that the result of the school is better.
Only I is implicit.
Only II is implicit.
Either I or II is implicit.
I and II are implicit.
The very purpose of the preparatory holidays is to give time to students. So II is implicit. There is nothing to suggest that attendance of students was poor, so I is not implicit.
This Blog Post/Article "Statements and Assumptions Quiz Set 19" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2020-02-07. Published on: 2016-02-08