Statement: The civic body put up a huge notice board on the beach located at an isolated part of the city as "Many picnickers died while swimming in the sea during the past few months".
- Picnickers may ignore the notice and continue venturing into the sea.
- Picnickers may read and be careful while venturing into the sea.
Only I is implicit.
Only II is implicit.
Either I or II is implicit.
Neither I nor II is implicit.
The notice board is put with the assumption in mind that picnickers would read it and observe care. So only II is implicit. There is nothing that suggests that assumption I is OK.
Statement: "Sometimes a person acting out of conviction, pursuing a dream represents the spirit of an entire generation".
- One gets conviction out of one's action.
- Expectations of different generations are not the same.
Statement: "Buy one get one free" - a notice outside a shoe store.
- One always buys a pair of shoes, so this notice is misleading.
- The prices of shoes have been discounted.
Statement: "The engineering graduates are not employable" - a common problem expressed by top IT companies of India.
- The engineering degree should be made of five years, from the present duration of four years.
- The engineering education needs orientation.
Statement: "You must work hard to succeed in life", said the teacher.
- Those who fail are not hard workers.
- Those who are not hard workers fail.
This Blog Post/Article "Statements and Assumptions Quiz Set 38" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2020-02-07. Published on: 2016-02-08