Statement: In view of the severe heat wave passing through the state, the govt. has asked all the schools to remain closed for the next fortnight with immediate effect.
- The heat wave may not continue beyond a fortnight.
- The parents of the students may not allow their wards to attend school even after fortnight.
Statement: "Drive slow." - a message written on every turn of a mountain..
- A lot many fatal accidents take place there.
- People drink and drive.
Statement: The wind blew off the hoarding.
- The wind was fast.
- The hoarding wasn't fastened properly.
Statement: The railway authority has announced that it will carry out major repair work for two days beginning Saturday on the main line connecting the two big cities in the state bringing the rail service to a halt.
- People may reschedule their journey in view of the railway authority decision.
- People may still plan their travel by train between the two cities even on these two days.
Only I is implicit.
Only II is implicit.
Either I or II is implicit.
Neither I nor II is implicit.
The announcement is basically to let the people plan and reschedule in advance. The second assumption is not right, in fact the opposite is true, i.e., people won't now plan their travel between these two cities for sat and sun.
Statement: "The bank has announced 0% housing loans" - someone was overheard saying in the market.
- He is spreading a rumour.
- The bank has announced housing loans at 0% but with tricky terms and conditions.
This Blog Post/Article "Statements and Assumptions Quiz Set 06" by Parveen (Hoven) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
Updated on 2020-02-07. Published on: 2016-02-08